My Blog Motto

"Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgement"

~Rita Mae Brown

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Independence Day

In the movie "Stuart Saves His Family" with Al Franken as Stuart Smalley (I highly recommend it to anyone in recovery) there is a scene where Stuart and his friend are watching fireworks on July 4th. For every firework Stuart declares Independence from something that's been holding him back. I think this is a wonderful idea! What are you ready to Declare Independence from?

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Great prompt! I would love to simplify ~ gain independence from consumerism and capitalism...not holding my breath :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,
    One thing I've learned about change and letting go is that it happens in increments; a little here a little there and it soon adds up and becomes a way of life!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete